Welcome to the East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers! If you are not yet a member of EBTEL, we invite you to see what we have to offer and encourage you to join EBTEL. If you are a current member, we hope you will explore the resources and opportunities discussed on our website.
Who We Are
East Bay Trusts and Estates Lawyers (“EBTEL”) is an independent California nonprofit founded in 2010 by former leaders of the Alameda County Trusts and Estates Bar.
EBTEL is dedicated to creating and sustaining educational and social opportunities for lawyers and other professionals practicing or working in the field of trust and probate law through our various programs, which include:
- Eighteen hours annually of MCLE credits via monthly meetings sponsored by our three practice committees (Elder Law Conservatorships & Guardianships; Estate Planning & Administration; and Litigation & Mediation) on a rotating basis.
- Annual Recent Developments program, typically held in February, discussing the most recent developments in both Federal and California tax, estate planning, probate, elder and trust law.
- Annual Spring Symposium, held in May. This symposium typically provides 3.5 MCLE credit hours with a hosted reception allowing members the opportunity to socialize and network.
- Annual Luncheon, held in November.
- Annual one-day “boot camp” seminar for practitioners covering subjects such as estate planning, probate, conservatorships, and trust administration.
We also support and assist East Bay probate courts and our members by acting as a liaison between them to facilitate the exchange of information, such as policies, procedures, and issues affecting the practice of trusts and estates laws. We also provide financial and general support to East Bay based nonprofit organizations that promote and provide trust and probate legal services to the public.
EBTEL is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN: 27-2685033).
EBTEL membership is open to all members of the State Bar of California. Legal assistants, law students, and non-attorney professionals are eligible for associate membership in EBTEL.
Interested in becoming a member? Join EBTEL today.
Officers & Committees
Ryan J. Szczepanik
Hartog, Baer & Hand, A.P.C.
Vaught & Boutris, LLP